Newbattle Bee Academy, Newbattle Abbey College, Newbattle Road, Newbattle, EH22 3LL near Dalkeith (see Newbattle Bees and map)
Saturday 17 November
10.00 to 16.30
Would you like to learn how to identify Scotland’s native honey bee, Apis mellifera mellifera?
Come and join us in a workshop on identifying native honey bees.
- hear explanatory talks about Amm and the morphology of the bees;
- hear about the ongoing SNHBS conservation project and recent DNA results of samples from around Scotland;
- learn the key physical characteristics of Amm;
- examine honey bees of different subspecies with microscopes;
- study photographs of colonies for assessment;
- be invited to ask questions and contribute to discussions.
To book, go to Eventbrite, and complete the application form (SNHBS members only – apply for membership here).
You will be advised how to pay the £20 charge for the day and £5 extra if you order lunch.
There’s space for 24 participants only so please book early to avoid disappointment.
For further information contact Kate Atchley email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you there.