Would you like to learn how to identify Scotland’s native honey bee, Apis mellifera mellifera?
Come and join us in a workshop on identifying native honey bees.
- hear explanatory talks about Amm and the morphology of the bees;
- hear about the ongoing SNHBS conservation project and recent DNA results of samples from around Scotland;
- learn the key physical characteristics of Amm;
- examine honey bees of different subspecies with microscopes;
- study photographs of colonies for assessment;
- be invited to ask questions and contribute to discussions.
You will be advised how to pay the £20 charge for the day and £5 extra if you order lunch.
There’s space for 24 participants only so please book early to avoid disappointment.
For further information contact Kate Atchley firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you there.